Speak Out in Hounslow is recruiting an Outings and Taster Activities Project Leader. The post is for 16 hours a week at £15.10* per hour. This post is Lottery funded for 4 years. We are looking for an individual who can devise and support a varied and exciting plan of outings to appeal to our learning disabled adult clients. Within the role, we require the individual to plan a programme of taster activities to encourage our clients to try something new.
As you’d expect… good organisation skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills are vital. We are looking for someone who can come up with creative and exciting activities. We do lots of theatre and cinema trips… but we want a more exciting agenda. Think abseiling to cake baking. Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities is important.
1) Demonstrate self motivation in organising your own workload
2) Demonstrate your skills in working to self and management imposed deadlines
3) Experienced in having a creative outlook and approach to your work.
4) Demonstrate a desire to share your enthusiasm with clients and our staff team.
5) Experienced in coming up with innovative approaches.
6) Demonstrate your ability to come up with fresh new outings and activities.
7) Source and negotiate new outings and activities with providers within set budgets.
8) Show an ability to encourage clients to “try something new” and consider activities they’ve not experienced.
9) Some experience in working with adults with learning disabilities with an understanding of the issues they face in engaging in the community.
10) Show a fresh approach to your project with the aim of refreshing Speak Out in Hounslow from the inside.
11) Show effectiveness in monitoring and reporting on projects outcomes ongoing and by monitoring deadlines.
12) Show a competence in IT skills and Social Media (Facebook and Twitter)
13) Demonstrate an ability to be able to recruit new clients into the project and maintain satisfaction with the existing members.
14) Show your skills in supporting, mentoring and motivating our volunteers.
15) Demonstrate your experience in building strong relationships with others organisations through partnership working.
-All post holders will be expected to take part in promotional activities for the whole of Speak Out in Hounslow, not just within their project. They will be expected to be great ambassadors of the organisation and its ethos.
-Everyone will be expected to obey Speak Out’s policies including safeguarding & confidentiality of clients.
-Everyone will need to participate in the running of the Speak Out office and work fully as part of the team.
* Note… the hourly rate is before all tax, NI and auto-enrolment into a pension scheme from 2016.